I went to my favorite bar again last night.
I had a shit day at work and the only thing that kept me going was knowing that I was going out after.
I didn't get out until 9pm.
I took a cab home.
(I hate cabs and avoid taking them at all costs. Much prefer public transportation - makes me feel like a real New Yorker. Though I took two cabs today. Damn.)
The bus would've taken at least 30 minutes - to go 2 miles - and I was antsy to have a drink. So a cab I took.
I got home, ate something, did my pet chores and changed.
I had my hair up in a pony tail for work. My hair is getting way too long and I need a cut, so I'm in pony-tail mode. I think it kind of makes me look more gay anyway, which can be an advantage sometimes. Not necessarily in the bar that I was going to though.
One of my friend's sisters (a cop - but not the cop from earlier blogs) was going to be there, so I knew that I'd know at least one person.
I got there and the first person I saw was my ex's (the doctor - one before the musician) current girlfriend. Nice. I'm not kidding when I say that I could hear the Black Eyed Peas singing Tonight's gonna be a good night in my head.
The doctor's girlfriend is hot. She doesn't like me. No doubt because she's insecure. I don't want to get back together with my ex, but we're still friends and she doesn't like it. Her problem though.
I went inside and walked over to the doctor and her girlfriend. They had 2 seats at the bar. We chatted for a bit, had a couple of drinks and they left.
I took both seats. It was a pretty good move actually. I left my jacket on one seat and sat in the other. I figured that I could save it for my friend's sister OR, if someone hot walked up, I could offer them the seat.
The first person to walk over was someone that looked kind of familiar. I was trying to place her. She kind of looked like the journalist's ex, but I've only seen her in pictures.
(the journalist is my most recent ex if you can call her that. I don't usually, but will here to make it easier to keep things straight. We dated for what seemed like a long time, but it always seemed more like friends with benefits than dating. We were both rebounding - her from this girl that I was running into now, me from the musician).
She looked at me, then did a double-take, then said something to her friend while still looking at me.
I said "what?" but in a friendlier way than it sounds here.
She said "are you ----".
I said "yeah".
She said "I'm -----".
Ha. It's was her.
My reaction was kind of a combination of "shit!" and "yes!".
I love this kind of stuff. That bar was packed. Packed in the way that the people in the front of the bar might not even see the people in the back, yet the ex's-ex ended up by me and my empty seat.
She was standing there with her friend. I of course offered for one of them to take the extra seat. A seat opened up next to that one, so they sat down.
She asked me where the journalist was. I shrugged and said I didn't know. She asked if we broke up. I said yep.
She said that I looked better than my pictures (she's seen pictures of me online). Funny because BMW told me that I look exactly like my pictures. I took it as a compliment.
I told her that she looked younger than her pictures. I can't decide if that was a stupid thing to say or not.
I actually talked mostly to her friend who was really nice. The ex's-ex seemed really shy. She said that it was a little weird to be talking to me. I told her that I thought it was funny. We all had a drink and toasted the journalist and they left after about an hour.
I spent the rest of the night with the cop and eventually her sister and another friend.
Tomorrow I'm hanging out with voiceover artist, who incidentally hung out with the journalist today. My first priority tomorrow is to make sure nothing's going on between them. If there isn't, it should be interesting.
I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

bwahaha...the post gives "its a small world after all" a whole new meaning:D
ReplyDelete