I went out with BMW again last night. I thought she'd never contact me again, but she did. The next morning.
We went to the same place as last time - a wine bar across the street from my apartment. It has Dominican food and she wanted to try it.
I got there on time. She got there about 30 minutes later. Not really her fault though - she drove to the city from where she lives and couldn't find parking. It was nice out and I was sitting by the window, so I was good.
While I was waiting, I started looking at the menu and realized that there wasn't a lot for me to eat.
I'm a vegetarian.
I became a vegetarian because the musician was a vegetarian.
She had this rule that she wouldn't kiss me for 2 hours if I'd eaten meat. Kind of a stupid rule, but I really liked kissing her and I didn't want to not be able to kiss her, even for 2 hours, so a vegetarian I became.
When we broke up, I didn't eat meat at first because I didn't want to disappoint her (pretty pathetic). Then I ate meat a few times just to spite her. Then I decided that I should probably make an informed decision, so I bought a book about the ethics of what we eat and watched the movie Food Inc and decided to stay a vegetarian. (It's a little more complicated than that, but you get the point...)
So I'm looking at this menu and realizing that there's really nothing I can eat other than a salad, some vegetables and maybe an empanada if they'll make it vegetarian.
BMW texted me to tell me that she was almost there. I ordered us both a glass of wine. I liked the thought of walking into a wine bar and having a glass of wine waiting for me and I figured she would too. Especially if she was driving around looking for parking for 20 or 30 minutes.
She walked in and looked much better than I remembered her looking. She's a little shorter than I like but that's really the only negative thing I can see in her physically.
I still wasn't interested in her though, but it wasn't because she's not hot.
She ultimately ordered a skirt steak that looked really good. I asked the waitress - no vegetarian empanada. Vegetables it was. Nice.
They turned out to be really good actually. She really wanted me taste her steak. It looked good, so I did. Just to spite the musician.
(kidding)
We got to know each other a little more. We both talked about our exes again (so not a good idea if you're trying to get with someone if you ask me).
She paid for dinner and the wine. I really tried to pay but she wouldn't let me. I walked her to her car. It's a cute little convertible.
She definitely gets that I'm not interested. My guess though is that she may think that we'll become friends and maybe more later.
I actually met someone over the weekend that has potential though. Maybe. She's a voiceover artist.
She's a little on the crazy side but in a harmless spiritual way. Not sure if I'll stay interested as I get to know her though.
I'm pretty picky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I just love your bantering style of blogging....
ReplyDeleteKeep us informed about that voice over artist!
Thanks! Will do about the voice over girl. Going to see her again on Monday...
ReplyDelete