I work mostly Wed-Sat. I have a 4-day work week, which is awesome, but I hate working Saturdays - for obvious reasons. That being said, I can't say that I'd rather work a 5-day work week Mon-Fri so I guess I really shouldn't complain.
The weather is supposed to be crappy for all 3 of my days off. Same thing next weekend. The only good thing is that the weather people have no idea how to predict weather up here, so there's a pretty good chance that it won't really be raining next weekend.
It was a very bad subway karma day. Some days, I walk through the turnstile (I just learned that it's not turnstyle - crazy) just as a subway pulls into the station and if I have to transfer, I hit every train. The best is when you're on a local train but really wanted an express, and at one of the stops, an express train is waiting across the platform.
Today was not one of those days. I walked into the first station just as an express was leaving and had to settle for a local. When I went to transfer, it turned out that the train I needed wasn't stopping at that station. I went upstairs to catch a different train and missed one by seconds. I waited for another one over 15 minutes before I decided to leave the station to figure out another way to get to where I was going. When I finally got to Brooklyn, the GPS on my phone led me in the wrong direction (ah, technology), which cost me another 15 minutes. I ended up being 45 minutes late to brunch with my friend.
Well, she's not really a friend. She's my most recent ex, if you can call her that. A story for another time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hey doc...good to see you blogging again! i'm sorry about your bad subway karma day. i have days like that too...where it's just like "why is this so hard?" glad you made it through...it'll be nice to read about your story for another time. miss you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for reading it Lisa! I'm looking forward to blogging again. I missed it.
ReplyDelete