I have this nasty habit of making dates then flaking on them. Making the date seems like a good idea at the time I make it. Then the morning of the date, I wake up and realize that I don't have it in me. I can't imaging having to sit across the table from a stranger, telling my story.
I don't do it all the time, but more than I probably should.
Tonight's date was someone I met at a party last week.
It's kind of a long story, but the condensed version is this:
Last Wednesday, I was at a big dance party/fundraiser type of thing. My most recent ex was there - she's a journalist. I invited her. I still like her even though we're not right for each other. A story for another time...
I had a few drinks - vodka & tonic. The bartender apparently didn't know the difference between tonic and seltzer and kept giving me vodka & seltzers - and I kept drinking them. I didn't realize until after the third one. I was at least buzzed and on my way to drunk by this time.
A hot girl walked up to one of my friends and hugged her. The friend introduced me and when our eyes met and we had a moment - one of those moments where you both know there's something there. We ended up dancing. I actually don't dance - at least not well, but I was drunk enough to try. She ended up kissing me and I didn't stop her.
I am being honest when I say that I don't know why I didn't stop her. I've thought about it a lot. I didn't want to kiss her. Especially not with the journalist standing 2 feet away. But I didn't stop her. I think it was a combination of 1) being drunk 2) being annoyed at the journalist 3) being flattered and 4) not wanting to reject her - I guess because I thought there was potential?
We talked for a bit longer. She said she was a cop. And a Capricorn. She liked that I was a Pisces. I like the dynamics of different signs, so I mention it here.
She said that her situation that night was "complicated". I told her to go do her thing and we didn't talk again that rest of the night. I don't even remember seeing her again.
She ended up getting my number from one of my friends and texted me and friended me on facebook.
By the time I sobered up, I had a feeling that she wasn't my type. I ended up making a date with her for tonight. I knew that I probably shouldn't have made the date, but after I saw her facebook page, I really started having second thoughts. Then she texted me a whole bunch more and wanted to talk on the phone and I was really turned off. She just came on way too strong.
So I canceled.
It's kind of funny to me that I had this "moment" with this Capricorn cop that ended up turning into nothing. I don't know what it was about. I suppose "the moment" kind of just came and went and served some purpose - whatever it was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like this blog! MORE MORE
ReplyDeleteGet drunk and pick up more girls!!
susan & amy